You want a lively portrait! Get a soft, smooth, sharpest, and natural artwork! How! By using the best pastel pencils for portraits. If you are a beginner or a professional artist you know the favor of pastels in drawing portraits.
If you are also a pastel lover then this is the place for you. Because the pastel lovers only know to pay the attention of the favor of the pastel. The quality of nice blending and the very nearly shades are the advantages of the pastels.
The best pastel pencil brand is very handy for the beginner child because of the smart use of rich color quickly and no use of water. Only pastels allow you to enrich the drawings to the medium so quickly.
You may also like: The 5 Best Watercolor Pencils Review of 2020
Why Pastel Pencil?
The pastel pencils give the sleek, stainless, pure, and smooth feedback to the professional artist that no other pastels can provide. The reason for the choice of the professional artist for the shiny flame of pastel pencils ensures the lasting of the artworks.
The artist’s pastel pencils are popular with the artist and the students for the high intensity of binding the pigment and for the high-performance rating.
What is the difference between pastel pencils and others?
Pastel pencil is a pencil where you can find the tender smudging quality and makes the pastel unique than any other color pencil. Special quality for pastel pencil is to layering the portrait accurately and getting a sharp and accurate natural portrait by final touch using the pastel pencil.
Where you can not find it as a prime than others. The nice use of pastel pencil is that it has the efficiency to erase mistakes.
- 1 Top 5 Best Pastel Pencils for Portraits
- 2 Pastel Pencils Buying Guide
- 3 Final Verdict
Top 5 Best Pastel Pencils for Portraits
1. Stabilo Carbothello Pastel Pencil – best artist pastel pencils
Stabilo Carbothello Pastel Pencil’s special feature is that the pigment is so high to emerge the real view of the portrait. The feature of dry and powdery give a good blend to the professional artist who wanted to make the portrait real and natural.
It can work both in dry and water.13.2×8.1×1.4 inches and 4.4mm lead diameter of each package contains 1.79 pounds. It has nontoxic and break-resistant quality. It performs best on thin paper. Different shades apply the strong color gradations on the thin paper.
- When you thought you have a huge background and filling in color than Stabilo Carbothello Pastel Pencil is the best choice.
- Any pastel pencil is tricky to sharpen but it fits in a sharpener.
- You can use both technique water and keep dry
- A wide and variety of different shades of the pastel pencil boost the artist.
- The break resistance quality saves the misuse of the color.
- It can use on thin paper too.
- The diameter of the pencil is not enough.
- Don’t have a labeled color name.
2. Faber-Castel FC112160 Pitt Pastel Pencils
Faber-Castel FC112160 Pitt Pastel Pencils have a special feature of high pigment without wax and oil-free. Minimal fixation is required and easily smudged to draw elaborate details. It is idle for the optimized paintings.
It suits perfectly when you wanted a special effect on details. The wooden quality makes the pencil different from for sharping.7.5×12.8×1.3 inches each package contains 2.09 pounds. The diameter of the pastels is larger to feel easy for the artist.
- Small dust reduces toxic breathing and enhances the beauty of the details.
- Easy smudged for all ages reinforces the beauty of the drawings.
- It can easily be used with the water.
- It is the light and glossy effect on the canvas that caught the eye.
- They wonderfully effect on the black canvas.
- They are blending well in the water.
- You can use the layer of the color so much comfortably.
- The pencils labeled with the fine color name.
- The pigments are unharmed.
- As they are shaped in nice and fatter, so they feel flowing to your hand.
- The color is more vibrant and lay smoothly and nicely to the paper.
- The pit pencil is tender and gentle in use.
- It requires minimal fixation.
- No written description of the color on the shaft of the pencil.
3. Derwent Pastel Pencils
The special feature of Derwent Pastel Pencils is the convenience and controlling caliber. The pencils combined with the pastel and slightly chalky. The texture of the pencil is a powdery and velvety smooth finish.
It blends well and mixing perfectly. The pastel pencil is 8mm in diameter and a wide 5mm pastel stripe. It contains a pencil 0.48ounces with a degree of hardness 6B.
- The primary nave of the pastel pencil is to creativity. The controlling power of the pencil makes it easy for the artist.
- It adds preferences to achieve the pinpoint of the details.
- It accumulates the different shades with a harmonical measure.
- It describes the label of the color nicely.
- The round shape feature feels the artist cushy.
- You can use water on the paper that cant tears off.
- As it is soft but has much control in detail.
- It results in more bright and clear in the black paper.
- This is amazing for filling outside.
- You can layer the details that show you the natural theme of the art.
- Dusty and powdery feature of the color can cause a health risk.
- The gold and silver color is not so shiny as I expect to highlights.
- Some of the pastels seem crumbled and break easily while using the sharpener.
4. General Pencil Assorted Colors – best chalk pastel pencils
The special feature of the General Pencil Assorted Colors pencils is that it has a smooth blendable pigment for all kinds of art. It is very suited for the beginner. 5.5x10x1.5 inches each package contains 11.5 ounces.
This is idle for landscape art as well as others. Standard colors come into the set for the primary level. It blended easily. The pencil is maintaining ASTM D 4236. Wooden color gives the pencil a mild and soft look.
- This is best for those who wanted to practice at work.
- If you want to work on a sketchbook this is the color which you want.
- It is better than a regular chalk pencil.
- The colors are more comfortable in planning objects and landscapes.
- Colors are vibrant and easy to use.
- It is better for using light work.
- They are perfect for outlining, lettering, stripers, border shading, etc.
- You can use a finger, tissue, paper stamp, etc for blending.
- Each pencil is acid-free and environmental.
- The pencil is harmless for all.
- This is not chalky than others.
- The pigment load is not as higher for professionals.
- Some colors are tough to use.
- Quick breakable.
- The repetition of color in the set.
- Light color combination.
5. Koh-I-Noor Gioconda Soft Pastel Pencil
The special feature of Koh-I-Noor Gioconda Soft Pastel Pencil is the pure high-quality micro pulverized pastel pigments. Extra shades use for detail all types of work. The color of the pastel produces a vigorous and vibrant.
It generates color both in individuals and in common. Less mess and dust are the unique characteristics of this pencil.7.5×7.8×2.5 inches packages contain 1.05 pounds. The color produces lush pure and natural to the user.
- The pencils bring a professional look to the art.
- Soft and less dust makes comfortable to the users
- It is different from the traditional pastels
- It can establish in any medium
- They sharpen beautifully point without breakdown
- The good color range provides a fair representation.
- It especially brings a good result on the lining.
- The different blending quality of the pencils is so mild and soft to the artist.
- The colors glid on the land face
- Small dust of the colors feels comfortable and also healthier to the users
- Lake of vivid color
- It hard to fixable while you mistakes
- It’s labeled with the number which is not suitable for some users. Because some users wanted to learn the color name, not the number.
Pastel Pencils Buying Guide
Before buying a pastel pencil first you have to find out by yourself that what type of art do you want to create and what type of artist you are. if you are a beginner you can buy the beginner pastel color for practice. If you are a professional artist you can choose the artist pastel pencils for you.
- If you are a beginner at first you have to research the type of pastel, then proceed.
- You should be aware of the pigment quality of the pastels.
- When you know that blending gives the art an extraordinary beauty then you must focus on the blending quality of the pastels when you are going to buy.
- As a beginner artist, you might not know about the quality of the wood used in the pastel pencil, so before buying it you should be aware of the wooden quality of the pastels. Because sometimes pastel is breaking with a small sharpener and causes extravagances.
For Professional Artist
- As a professional artist, you are known for the best pastel color for all kinds of art. So before buying the pastel color, you are aware of the white pastel color. Because it ended quickly before the other color. So keep in mind about this matter you might choose the best white pastel pencil.
- The pigment is a significant matter for professional artists. So be aware of this matter.
- Color longevity is important for the professional one. So take care of it before buying the pastel color.
Art is fun. If you think the portrait is also fun then enjoy it. For enjoying the best I suggest the best pastel pencils for portraits for you. The best use of pastel gives you the best outcome for you.
Pastel gives you a mind-blowing color effect to your artwork. The nice outwork depends on
the variety of colors and the quality of the pastels. As a professional artist, the longevity of the portrait is vital. I suggest you pick the color which makes you comfortable to work and vibrance. So Happy with art, happy with pastels.
Last update on 2021-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API